New Enrollment Instructions Coming Soon!
We will be changing how students enroll in Secondary Summer school classes this year. Information will be shared out on this webpage and with the secondary buildings on the change in this enrollment process soon.
Enrollment Window #1 will start on Tuesday, February 25th, 2020 at 3:00 p.m. and run through March 13th, 2020 at 3:00 p.m.
Enrollment Window #2 will start on April 1st, 2020 and run through May 28th, 2020(ending date may change).
Enrollment requests will be processed with consideration given to class size, class prerequisites, grade requirements and seniority. Please refer to the Course Descriptions & Requirements page. Some classes are offered in different formats so please read carefully so you can select the right class for you and your student. You should also submit requests for each class in which you are available. That way if one class is full, you could still be placed in an alternate choice.
All requests received and not placed in a class will be placed on a wait list. You will know if you have been placed in a class after April 2nd after 3:00 p.m. by logging into the Parent/Student PowerSchool Portal and clicking on the Summer School schedule icon. Students can be placed in classes from the wait list anytime during the enrollment process right up to the first day of summer school.
Classes are offered in variety of ways…
- 13 day / 4 hour, 20 minute classes (Session 1 OR Session 2)
- 26 day / 2 hour 20 minute classes (Both Session 1 AND Session 2)
- Online Classes
- Some classes are offered in the 26 day format like PE, Comp Apps,
Intro to Business as well as some math classes.
- Please make sure you read the course description so you can identify those classes. Please note: most classes offered in summer school are of the credit recovery format.
- You can take only one Session 1 class and/or one Session 2 class.
- You cannot take a 26 day (both session) class along with a 13 day (single session) class.
- You can take two 26 day (both session) classes, one would be 7:00-9:20, the other 9:30-11:50.